Time & Location
About The Event
“We know that 1 out of 2 Black women suffers from some type of heart disease, much caused by stress in some way,” says , Linda Goler Blount, President and CEO of the Black Women’s Health Imperative (BWHI). “Stress is killing us.”
According to the American Psychological Association's study of stress sources and its symptoms, nearly 8 in 10 adults (78%) say the coronavirus pandemic is a significant source of stress in their life. And, 2 in 3 adults (67%) say they have experienced increased stress over the course of the pandemic.
And when mugs are stressed, you better believe they'll feel it in their bodies. In fact, adults from that same study reported increased tension in their bodies (21%), “snapping” or getting angry very quickly (20%), unexpected mood swings (20%), or screaming or yelling at a loved one (17%).
Ain't nobdy got time for that. If you've been tense, experiencing tension or pain in your body or simply just need a moment to slow down, this unwind session is perfect for you.
During this unwind session, we will:
- ground ourselves in the present,
- surrender to and bask in the vibes that activate each of our senses and
- make room for peace we create in 40 minutes of self-massages and stretches.
After this session, you can expect to experience:
- mental calmness and clarity,
- reduced tension, muscle stiffness and increased range of motion
- improved sleep quality
- a sense of toget
Need a sneak peak of the vibes? Try this 20 min Full Body Stretch. If you like it, I promise it'll be even more lit in person! TRUUUUUSSSSSSTTT me! Let's get it, Gutted Gang!
What to bring:
- Towel (optional)
- Pillow (optional)
- Workout or bed attire (clothing that allows you to access and massage your skin and apply oils)
To ensure COVID safety:
- Wipes, Sanitizers and masks will be provided
- Space is limited to ensure adequate distancing. So come on time to secure your spot
- In Person Admission$20+$1.20 Sales Tax$20+$1.20 Sales Tax0$0